Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sundays

Sundays have been strange days for me for some years now. It is somewhat difficult to explain. On the one hand, it is a great day - a day of family togetherness, a day for church and now that fall is here a day for lazy afternoons with football on the t.v. All that is good. On the other hand, as the day draws to a close, I realize that I have to face the hectic week ahead of getting up early, a stressful drive to work to go through a stressful day at a job I may or may not like, worry about my 8th grader being taken care of after school because I am not there, and coming home late and trying to fix dinner and deal with all the every- day hassels. Worry and depression start to set in Sunday night before Monday morning even gets here. Some times are better than others, but I still haven't quite been able to conquer the hurdle of "Sunday night blues". There just never seems to be enough time in the weekends.

No comments: